Sunday, November 6, 2011

"I'm almost sad we lost."

"I'm almost sad we lost," one mom told me after the East Limestone Indians lost their first round playoff game.  I understood how she felt.  Football season is long, brutal and filled with drama.  It's also fun, exciting and filled with friendships.  I would have liked for the boys to win but I dreaded the tough team that we would be playing in the second round.  I'm glad that our returning players will not have to risk injury for the coming year. 

This was the first time that East Limestone made it to the playoffs since moving up to 5A so it feels like a big victory to our community.  We needed something to cheer for after the tornados in April.  Every year, the team has become stronger and better.  Looking forward to the upcoming season!!!  GO EAST!! 


This is what a happy football family looks like after a big win!


 
Our son Warren, #73, celebrates the winning touchdown with the team.



Great season #73!
We're so proud of the man you are both on and off the field!

No comments:

Post a Comment