Saturday, January 15, 2011

Happy Art Day!

I'm taking a break from my Soul Restoration class today to catch up on a few orders and art projects.  One is for my own home. 

For Christmas I created this to go above our TV:



Unfortunately it is so large, I have no place to store it.  Also when I took it down, I really missed having an art piece of this scale in my living room.  Then inspiration hit!  I didn't have hangers on the back.  It was just leaned it against the wall.  So I can create a piece of art on the backside to enjoy for 11 months of the year and then just flip it around for Christmas!  Yeah!

Now the next question, what to create?  Tim said the center of our home should reflect Happy Hill.  So I am going to re-create on a large scale this Happy Hill art piece I gave to my parents and brother's family a few years ago:



This piece repeats the names of the family members that live in each house on the house body but I think I'm going to use some reclaimed ceiling tin for the houses on the one I'm making now.  Check back to see how this turns out!

No comments:

Post a Comment