Sunday, January 30, 2011

Happy Romantic Gift!

I was reminded today of a very romantic loving gift my husband gave me when we first began dating.  It was a Happiness Hotel Muppets glass.  I know, I know...it's not your typical romantic gift.  Here's the story:  Growing up I had this AWESOME Happiness Hotel glass from The Great Muppet Caper movie.  It was a promotional glass from McDonald's.  I loved this glass.  It made me so happy.  It was the beginning of my "happiness" craze.  I drank from this glass almost every day.  I loved it so much, I took it to college with me.  That was my mistake.  It turns out not everyone had the same respect for my fabulous glass.  The boyfriend I had at the time BROKE it!!  On purpose!!  Of course that was the end of him.  Not long after I began dating my wonderful husband.  I told him this sad sad sad story.  Unknown to me he began searching antique stores and flea markets (this was way before ebay) and finally he found a Happiness Hotel glass!  We he gave that glass to me it was just proof that he was the one!

 

This is not a new video but watching the Muppets perform Bohemian Rhapsody never ceases to make me smile!

MUPPETS ROCK!

No comments:

Post a Comment